• KHEER (INDIA RICE PUDDING)
1. 8 tablespoon of jasmine rice
2. 3 tablespoon of unsalted butter
3. 1 teaspoon of lightly crushed saffron
4. 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
5. 8 cups of milk
6. 8 tablespoon of light brown sugar
7. 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
8. 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced pistachios
1. Place rice in a fine strainer, and rinse under running water until water runs clear; drain thoroughly.
2. Heat butter in a 10" skillet over medium heat;
3. Add rice, saffron, and cardamom, and cook, stirring until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
4. Add milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until milk is reduced by half and rice is tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
5. Add brown sugar ( or jaggary), almonds, and half of the pistachios, and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with remaining pistachios before serving.